Who can use a Segway ?
- Minimum age 12 Yrs. and/or least 4 feet tall
- anyone between 100 and 280 pounds
- anyone that can step up and down approximately 8 inches unassisted and without the aid of a handrail
- anyone able to safely negotiate pedestrian sidewalks and intersection crosswalks
Must I sign a waiver?
- All tourists must read and complete our waiver form. Any tourists under 18 years old will need a parent or guardian to sign for them and accompany them on the tour.
What about helmets?
- You must wear one to participate
- We provide bicycle helmets
- You may bring your own, if you wish
What should I wear?
- Dress comfortably for the weather
- No heels, closed toed shoes are recommended, and flip flops are discouraged
What physical abilities do I need?
- All tourists must be able to stand for periods near 45 minutes at a time. We do stop and get off the segways to look around, but benches may not be available.
- Tour guides spend as much time at the beginning of the tour as needed to get all participants prepared to safely take the tour. But, occasionally a fall occurs.
Segway Tours of Houston are by reservation only.